Yesterday, (17/01/14) the course finished and there was a ceremony were we showed projects as:
The NyanVille City
Right now I would like to say thanks to Eduexplora for bringing this program to Chile, but I want to give special thanks to my teachers & parents. Why? Because my parents were the ones that gave me this opportunty. And to my teachers Sherol & Pia because they were the ones that teached me and helped me understand stuff that I didn’t and also for making it a challenging and fun expirience.
A multimeter is a instrument used to measure voltage, current and resistance.
- “To understand Binary and Hexadecimal numbers, it is best to know how Decimal Numbers work.” “The Decimal Number System is also called “Base 10″. Because it is based on the number 10.”
- “Binary Numbers are just “Base 2” instead of “Base 10″. So you start counting at 0, then 1, then you run out of digits … so you start back at 0 again, but increase the number on the left by 1.”
- “Hexadecimal numbers are interesting. There are 16 of them!They look the same as the decimal numbers up to 9, but then there are the letters (“A’,”B”,”C”,”D”,”E”,”F”) in place of the decimal numbers 10 to 15.”
(link: http://www.mathsisfun.com/binary-decimal-hexadecimal.html )
“A deductive argument is an argument that is intended by the arguer to be (deductively) valid, that is, to provide a guarantee of the truth of the conclusion provided that the argument’s premises (assumptions) are true. An inductive argument is an argument that is intended by the arguer merely to establish or increase the probability of its conclusion. “
(link: http://www.iep.utm.edu/ded-ind/ )
I think this was a really good and cool expierence, I don´t want it to end! I learned different stuff, although sometime it was really chalenging or hard, it was really fun, cool, and interesting. I liked that teachers were Sherol and Pia because they helped you understand what you didn’t understand and also planned different and fun activities.Summarizing, it was fun and I would like to repeat the experience.
- Write down your strategy for solving the Traveling Sales Person’s problem.
My Strategy is to see the shortest path to get from one place to the other.
- What is the difference between digital and analog?
“The difference between analog and digital technologies is that in analog technology, information is translated into electric pulses of varying amplitude. In digital technology, translation of information is into binary format (zero or one) where each bit is representative of two distinct amplitudes.”
(link: http://www.diffen.com/difference/Analog_vs_Digital )
“In game theory, a game tree is a directed graph whose nodes are positions in a game and whose edges are moves. The complete game tree for a game is the game tree starting at the initial position and containing all possible moves from each position”
(link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_tree )
A Tic-Tac-Toe game tree.
Tic-Tac-Toe Game tree
To see all the posible choices and choose the best one.
Today we worked with arduinos, analog and digital, kraugh maps and planing a project.
~(p ^ q) v (~p v ~q)
- What is the name of the 2 chips we used yesterday?
The truth table is used in logic, at the boolean algebra that helps to compute the values.
- What is the DeMorgan’s Law ?
- What is double implication?
- What is an adjacency matrix?
Today we worked with logic, traveling sales person and Arduinos.
Here are some photos:
And that was day 7 at Stanford’s Honor Academies
“An assembler is a type of computer program that interprets software programs written in assembly language into machine language”
(link: http://www.techopedia.com/definition/3971/assembler )
“Arduino is a tool for making computers that can sense and control more of the physical world than your desktop computer”
(link: http://arduino.cc/en/Guide/Introduction )
- What is the traveling sales person?
It is a problem about going to different places in the less amount of km, or minutes.
- What is a Pre-fix Notation?
“Prefix notation is a mathematical notation. It is a way to write down equations and other mathematical formula”
(link: http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prefix_notation )
- What are the leaves of a binary tree?
A complete graph is simply a graph that connects 2 vertices with one edge.
- What is a Finite State Machine?
“A finite-state machine is a mathematical model of computation used to design both computer programs and sequential logic circuits. ”
(link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finite-state_machine )